The most popular of our log cabins for sale due to its versatilty
- ranging from 20 to 60 square metres.
These cabins are constructed from the same 58mm logs the as our houses. Compare them with competing products. These cabins are sturdy and excellent value.
Available with the option of an additional 120mm of wall insulation for all year round use this cabin makes an ideal gym, holiday cottage or granny annex. Model shown is the Tallbo 55
Standard features :-
- Terrace with overhanging roof
- Door with double glazed window, polystyrene insulation layer inside door, and secure cylinder lock.
- The windows in Tallbo cabins are 15mm sealed double glazed units with Low Energy glass in Pine frames with brass fittings and stay. The 'U value' of the windows is 1.75 which is well within building regulations and superior to most double glazing sold in the UK.
- Floor made from 22mm pine tongue and groove boards with an MDF sub floor to allow for 170mm of insulation beneath floor (insulation provided in insulation option pack)
The entire cabin is raised off the ground on concrete posts to allow air to freely circulate under the cabin.
- 15 mm tongue and groove ceiling to allow for roof insulation (215mm of insulation provided in insulation option pack). The ceiling is 22cm higher than the smaller Tallbo cabins.
- Tongue and groove roof capable of supporting a load of 300kg/m² and waterproof mineral felt covering.
- Option for fully insulated walls as shown in this cross sectional detail through a wall.
The optional insulation pack contains everything necessary to help your cabin withstand a Swedish winter. It contains insulation to put behind the ceiling panels, insulation to go under the floor, 120mm of mineral wool insulation for the walls together with a vapour barrier, and. pine panelling for the internal walls mounted on flexible studwork which allows the exterior logs to settle without causing gaps to appear inside. Also included with the insulation pack are stud walls to divide the interior of the cabin, and pine panelled internal doors with brass fittings.
There is an option of Gypsum plasterboard or MDF panelling instead of the interior pine cladding for those clients who do not want absolutely everything to be made out of wood.
These are the larger Tallbo cabins having a 4.9m log length. The Tallbo 35-60 is suitable for use as holiday chalets, site offices, or as a family home. With its optional insulation pack it will be comfortable in the coldest winter.
When looking at the layout diagrams of the cabins, furniture and fitments are shown for illustration only and are not supplied. Structural interior log walls (the ones which are shown going through the exterior walls) are supplied as standard. The material to build interior partition walls and the internal doors are included in the insulation pack option, or may be purchased from us separately.
As standard the Tallbo is supplied with a mineral felt roof. As an option we can supply Plannja roofing.